The following sections describe the use and storage of the data generated by the user. In General it is assured to the user that not personalized data is transmitted to an external server by Golfer's Distance
In case of questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Data Storage and Use
The app Golfer's Distance saves acquired data locally on the device and transmits non personalized data to a central server.
The data is used locally for the purpose of the app.
The transmitted data is used for statistical analysis of the results generated by all users (such as average carry and distance vs. HCP and age). Statistical data derived from the data of all users might also be used for other purpose (e.g. publication on aceingolf.com
or in media).
The following data is associated to the individual data sets:
- used golf-club*
- carry distance of a shot (from V3.0 onwards)*
- total distance of shot*
- height difference between start and end points*
- gps information of start and end points
- deviation from target line*
- info if ball was hit from tee or grass*
- info if ball landed on green*
- ball left or right from target*
- players handicap*
- players age*
- players gender*
2. Export of Data
Data - as identified in Section 1 (Data Storage and Use) and marked by a star - is transmitted to a centralized server. It is not personalized, hence data can not be traced back to an individual user.
3. Use of position data
needs access to the GPS position data. This data is needed for:
- capturing the distance and deviation of golf shots
- showing the users position on a map view together with club range data. The users position is never stored or transmitted (for Course Master Module).
- showing results on a map (future feature of Course Master Module)
4. Export of Data
The user can export a generated distance table. The data is exported as PDF file as email attachment.